Thursday, April 6, 2017

Optometrist

Duties and responsibilities:
      Optometrist are the most common source of vision care in the U.S healthcare system. They examine patients, diagnosing eye and vision problems, testing patients’ color and depth perception, and their ability to coordinate and focus their eyes. Not only that but they also treat eye problems like glaucoma and can prescribe contact lenses and glasses.

Salary: $103,900

Education:
      In order to be a optometrist you need to first complete a four year bachelor's degree program, preferably in the field such as biology, or chemistry. It also takes an additional four years to complete and pass your state's licensing requirements.

Demand for this profession:
      The demand for this profession is growing much faster than average. It is expected to rise 27 percent from the years of 2014 to 2014.


Reflection:

      In my opinion I would like to become a optometrist although other people might not have the same choice as me. I think this is a very interesting job career in the future. I would have never considered doing this but now that I know what they are really about it gives me more of an insite to what they do. This can be one of my options for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment