Monday, May 1, 2017

“I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I'd die first.”
Karl G. Maeser

      This quote means that if you ever say your word of honor to do anything you have to be able to keep it and live by it. Your word of honor means everything it is like a promise. If you break that promise them you are not sticking to your word of honor. You are responsible to hold on to it and keep it no matter what happens. This is really important because it teaches us to always choose the right to keep our work and never let go. I agree with him because once you say your word of honor you have to commit, never give up and prove that you are strong enough. For example you tell your parents if you could go out with your friends and they say it is fine. They tell you to be home by 10. You should always stick to your word of honor to be home at 10 sharp because it shows that you could be responsible and reliable. You have to keep that promise to your parents no matter what happens if there is traffic or a problem going on. You should be prepared and ready to go. Always remember to keep your word of honor and never let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment